<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="65001"%> Untitled Document

shops

Coolaney General Store

 
 

Ballinacarrow Store

Ballinacarrow General Store

BALLINACARROW
Ballinacarrow is a small village bisected by the N17 trunk road. The village itself consists of a short strip of housing, with a new development nearing completion, a National and secondary school and general store, garage and filling station. However it serves a much larger rural catchment area and farming community and is convenient for Ballymote, Collooney and Sligo.

Main Street

Church of St. Fechin & St. Lassara, Ballinacarrow

Ballinacarrow Church
Ballinacarrow church, the present 'half- parish' church of Collooney (Kilvarnet) parish, is the church of the old parish of Kilvarnet. The first church here was built around 1800 and was used as a schoolhouse during the week. In 1826 a new church was built but no trace of this remains. The current church was completed in 1905.
A small sacristy had been added to the north wall of the church some time after its erection. In 1988 a larger sacristy was built on the southern side of the church.


Home  - Attractions   - Accommodation  -  Services - Sports  -  Shopping