Pam & Ray Tully
Dromore West is a village located in West Sligo on the main Sligo-Ballina road approximately 35 kilometres from Sligo and 22 kilometres from Ballina. It lies at the foot of the Ox Mountain on the south and the Ocean is the north side of the village. The population of Dromore West has grown in the last few years as there are a lot of new houses built.
Located in the townland of Dunneil the castle was used by Red Hugh O'Donnell in the year 1601 when he visited the area.
Original workhouse in use throughout the famine and today is a family residence.
A late seventeenth century mill was built on the river Duineil and used as a corn mill.